Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday, January 4, 2015

PLEASE NOTE:  It is SUNDAY and I am writing on my blog!  I am NOT late this week.  I'll take it when I can get it.

Even though the week was a bit 'shorter' for us because of my entry on Tuesday, it was still a very, VERY FULL week nonetheless!  Lots of 'activity'.

I got a box of yarn that I ordered for an afghan I will be making for President Scholz!  He has been asking for a while now and I am finally going to get around to it.  Bless his pea-pickin' heart.  Red-White-Blue.

New Year's Eve came quickly for us.  BP Dixon and Daphne Anderson (Wayne's best buddy from growing up years and his girlfriend of about 10 years) came down to Georgia to visit us for a couple of days.  How fun it was to have them come!!  


On New Years Day I prepared a 'Ring-in-the-New-Year' dinner of Pork Roast with orange glaze sauce, black-eyed peas, mashed potatoes, etc.  I think it turned out pretty good.

BUT before dinner, we went on a short little walk that ended up being about 5 1/2 miles.  We 'discovered' body parts that we didn't know we had because they hurt the next day.

Daphne, bless her heart, was good about picking up the trash along our walk.

 Here is my version of our day with my 12 x 12 layout completed on my iPhone with Becky's Project Life App. 

January 2nd was Daphne's birthday!  How fun to be able to celebrate with her.  We decided to take them to the Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta.  Part of the experience was going to the DOLPHIN SHOW.  This was a part of the admission price.  WOW was it totally worth it.  It was a fantastic show.  And this foto below??  Well, Wayne got a phone call and had to take it before the show began.  The sweet young couple sitting in front of us are members of the Church (the guys dad is a counselor in the GA Atlanta North Mission!  Small world).  We had them take a little selfie of all of us.

And here is a foto of the 12 x 12 layout of the day at the aquarium.

It was drizzly weather outside, but HEY we had fun anyway!  We headed over to LEGAL SEAFOOD for a little Birthday Dinner for Daphne!

On Saturday morning we had a couple of hours before BP and Daphne headed back to the airport.  We took them over to Senoia to show them around.  I love this picturesque church there.  It has been filmed in several movies.

On Saturday night I was able to finish a crocheted scarf for Sister Lazer's birthday this coming week. I hope she will like it.  Elders Robison and Robinson told me she would and that sparkly white would be a good color for her.

Today, Sunday, January 4th has been a GREAT day.  We were invited by Elder Whalen and his companion to visit a newly formed 'group' out in Franklin.  We expected a much smaller group than we had once we got here.  There were between 40 - 50 people.  Very nice.  The meetings are held in a member's home.  And the parking.....yup, wherever you can find.

After the 2-hour block of meetings (with today being Fast and Testimony Sunday.....it was wonderful) the group members ALWAYS have lunch together!!!  That was a bit of a surprise to me as I would have brought some food had I known that.  The Elders said they purposely did NOT tell us because they didn't want me to worry about bringing any food!

There were so many wonderful people that we met today.  Just all down-home good-to-earth-people.  I can see us coming here quite often, as our time and travel allows us to!!

We were not the only visitors to the group today.  This sweet family (2 more children had already gotten in the car and are not in the foto) were baptized just 1 1/2 years ago.  They went to the temple just 6 months ago.  They were taught the Gospel by Elder Whalen (foto-Right).  Elder Whalen will be completing his mission in just a week!!  He will be missed.  

The setting of the home where church was held......nestled in the backwoods of the GA/Alabama border.  A beautiful setting.....even in the winter with no green on the trees!
And this, my friends and family, ends another week for us in the Mission Field!  Hard to believe we have been out 7 months already.  Oh my....I fear the time is going to fly by for us and we are not ready for that!!  Have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment