Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday, April 13, 2015

It has been another fairly 'easy' week.....that is, with not a lot of traveling to any of the 9 missions, other than attending the Transfer Meeting for the GAM (Georgia Atlanta Mission).  We miss it when we don't do a lot of traveling.

I had my 'regular' eye doctor appointment on Tuesday morning......time for another shot in my eye.  The q-tip sticking out of my eye is actually part of the numbing process.  Kind of weird how he does this but, oh well!!  After my eye appointment, we were actually able to come back home which allowed me to be able to rest my eye.  Normally, it seems like we are having to drive 5 - 7 hours to attend Zone Conferences.  This was a real luxury!  I also got my first haircut here in Georgia since we have been here!!!! (9 months ago)  That surely felt good.


Oh Wednesday evening we went to the mission home to say goodbye to some of the 19 returning missionaries.  Those are always exciting days....lots of activity, lots of luggage, lots of bikes, lots of everything!!!

Thursday was a 'baking day' for me.  It felt good to be able to bake chocolate chip cookies again!  We gave a whole bunch of cookies to our apartment neighbors!  That was fun too!

I received a package with LOTS OF YARN in it.  This one will be for Kara.....a gal who works in Becky's office.  I also have yarn to start Spencer's mission afghan as well.

Wayne and I decided to take a day-trip and drive down to PLAINS, GEORGIA....the home of President Jimmy Carter.  As usual, we LOVE driving on the back roads.  This great red-clay dirt road was a perfect example of the kind of red-clay roads that I remember walking home from school on when I was a little kid in elementary school in High Point, N.C.  The south is known for their red-clay dirt roads.  They have kind of a beauty to them, don't you think??

It would NOT be Jimmy Carter country without visiting the LARGE PEANUT in his hometown.  I think it was worth the stop....to see 'his' smile!

 We had fun seeing the typical tourist attractions in Plains.  


Because ANDERSONVILLE, GA just only a few miles away, we decided to visit that as well.  It was a Civil War Prisoner of Camp location.  It is 'famous' because of so very many deaths that happened here.....due to the poor conditions and the fact that it was made for 10,000 P.O.W.'s and there were almost 50,000 at one point.  Very sad indeed.....but nicely portrayed.

The cemetery reminds us of Arlington National Cemetery as well as Gettysburg Battle Field.

On Saturday we went to the Atlanta Temple, as usual.  Much to our surprise we were greeted by Tatiana Alvarado!  She is a young lady from our home ward in Maryland (Brunswick Ward) who is attending college in western North Carolina in Waynesville!  We have been there.  She came down to attend the temple with her ward temple day.

I typically order my 4 x 6 fotos once a month and put them in my album.  I don't have a lot of work space in our apartment so I use whatever I can.  That includes kneeling on the floor and using the sofa.  Hey, whatever works!  It is so easy to catch up!!!

We will be traveling this week, so we will see how this pans out!!  WE LOVE OUR MISSION!

No comments:

Post a Comment