Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday, August 2, 2015

We have been 'close to home' this week with the 2nd week of Zone Conferences being in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission.  Lots of driving but NO hotels this week.  SO, that allowed us to have a few more hours on the home-front......which is not always bad but sometimes 'relaxing'!

I was able to finish one more afghan for Wendy (in Becky's office).  I am glad that I have handiwork to do because I can NOT just sit and do nothing.  I have yarn for Spencer's mission afghan.  However, I will NOT be mailing it to him because he would probably never see it.  I will hand deliver it to him when he gets home from his mission.  Safer that way.  Who am I missing for family afghan's??  Let me know......!!

We grocery shop at our local Kroger's store.  It is about 1 1/2 miles from our apartment.  Very convenient.  While we have been here, they have begun a major renovation.  Thank goodness they have stayed open.  Makes it convenient for us.  However, it also makes for a major 'shopping trip' each time we go because things have been moved around every single time.  This huge 'renovation' area just caught my attention with the reflection of the lights on a new section of flooring.

 I was able to hand deliver yet another cross stitch Atlanta Temple hanging to Sister Underwood in the office.  That was fun to do.  We knew Elder and Sister Underwood in the Washington D.C. Temple a few years back.  How fun to see them here now and that we get to work with them often.

Also, this week in Zone Conference I ran into Elder Hiatt!!!  I told him that he and I were cousins!!  Now, I don't know that for a fact but I really believe we might be 'connected' somewhere back down the line.  Wouldn't that be fun!

Every day for lunch, different wards and branches prepare the lunches.  On this particular day we had Mexican food.  Here are all of the wonderful sisters who came out to feed the masses!!!  They were great and the food was fantastic!  The missionaries are WELL fed!!

And our tender mercy of the week:  Elder/Dr. Allgaier took his bluetooth off and sat it on the pew where we were sitting in the chapel LAST WEEK!  We got to our hotel that evening and realized that he didn't have it.  He called the A.P.'s to solicit their help in searching the church to see if any of the missionaries could find it for us.  NO was the report back to us a few hours later!  We were sad.  It took us 2 1/2 hours to get from the chapel to our hotel and we were NOT going to drive back to look for ourselves.  It was NOT because of the distance but because of the horrific TRAFFIC on the north side of Atlanta!!  (Have we said lately how much we HATE the traffic in and around Atlanta!!).  We were very sad that it had been lost.  The next day we got a phone call from Elder Cottle and his companion Elder Barney.  They are the Zone Leaders for that Zone.  They went back over to the church to look again later that night.  THEY FOUND IT LAYING RIGHT ON THE BENCH WHERE WE HAD BEEN SITTING!!!  What a blessing.  However, because of the distance from where we were and where they were, we would have to wait until THIS week to go by their apartment and pick it up!!  At least they found it!!!  Bless their hearts!

And then on over to the last Zone Conference for this round in the GANM!!  Elder/Dr. saw a LOT of patients for follow-up of a variety of medical concerns.

It is amazing to us the wide variety of chapel that we see throughout our travels all over the NorthAmerica SouthEast Area.  They are all very beautiful and unique in just as many ways.

Back home......we picked up a couple of fresh Georgia peaches so I could make a PEACH SONKER!!!  It was really good and I am loving my new little sonker dish.

I finished up actually 3 more red/white doilies.  I will be giving those away in the next week or so as gifts on our travels.


OOPS.....looks like someone or something sprung a LEAK!!!  Our neighbors upstairs had a faulty part on their air conditioner.  As a result, the water came leaking through out ceiling.  Have no fears.....the apartment complex management are on it.  It has been repaired and now for the repaint job.

Michael on the left and Wayne on the right......talking to the upstairs neighbor....working out the repair details.  All is well.....all is well!  Just a fun little excitement for the day.

I decided to make a pan of cornbread just because I had some extra corn meal.  And we will be leaving town for a few weeks so I am trying to use up some leftover food things.  SO, cornbread with nothing else.....and what do you do when that happens??  I guess butter and syrup.  Didn't have anything else to put on it.  I would NEVER allow that had we had something good to go with it.....like white beans and chow chow!!  :-)

And thus ends yet another week.  We will report from somewhere in our mission next week!!  Y'all have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment