Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday, March 13, 2016


On Monday we had a nice lunch at O'Charley's with Elder and Sister Hardgrave.  They have been serving these past 2 years as the Area Mental Health Advisors (AMHA) for our 9 missions plus 9 more....the entire NorthAmerica SouthEast Area.  We will surely miss them but look forward to going to their home in Colorado in the fall to see them again.  What great people they are.

Wayne had developed a really bad toothache over the past couple of weeks.  Bad enough that we had to make an emergency visit to Bishop/Dr. Haycock (our Whitewater Ward Bishop) for Monday afternoon.  A root canal was performed!  I was able to finish this afghan while sitting for 2 hours in the waiting room.  I love being productive!

On Tuesday morning we headed over to the South Carolina Columbia Mission.  We love our mission and the great traveling that we get to do.

Sister Romano is one of the mission nurses.  She had just gotten off work at the local hospital and came right over to Zone Conference.  She brought her 'black nurses bag' with her.  Almost matching bags!!!  How fun.

I made a 'cotton ball' afghan for her....after all, she DOES live in the cotton ball state!!!

And she, in turn, gave me a personally signed by Sam Butcher Precious Moments Nurse figurine.  How special is this!!!  I love her and love that she gave me this!!  She is personal friends with Sam Butcher. 

On Thursday as we traveled from Florence, S.C. to Greenville, S.C. for Zone Conference on Friday, we stopped by a couple of little museums right in Florence.  This was the War Between The States Museum.  Great little 'find'!

We also stopped by the Florence County Museum.  I found a display about Francis Marion, one of my ancestors.  Some day I will find the exact 'how we are related' information.  I have been taught my whole life that we are related to him on my mother's side.

We also got to drive by the Columbia S.C. Temple.  We were not able to do any ordinances because they were in-between the morning shift and the evening shift.  At least we got to feel the spirit as we were walking around the grounds.

Zone Conference on Friday was fun.  We got to help with the car inspections!!  That is always fun!

As we were checking into our hotel tonight in Greenville, this nice man noticed our name tags and introduced himself as a member of the church as well!!!  He was in Greenville on business.  He sells lollipops (of all things) to schools and businesses who are doing fundraisers.  He gave us a bag of these homemade lollipops.  We could share them with the missionaries!  How fun was that.  And a fun story to share with the missionaries as well.

I typically complain about the chairs that I sit in because most chairs, sofas, etc. are NOT made for us short people.  Well, much to my surprise, this chair was in our hotel room.  I sat in it and WOW was it comfortable for ME!!!  My feet were flat on the floor and it was just comfortable.  I sat in that chair when we were in the hotel room and did my crochet work.  I am on the HUNT for a chair like this!!!

On the way home from South Carolina we were able to stop by the Atlanta Temple and participate on a Sealing team for about 45 minutes.  It was good to be there again!

As we approach the temple we always pass by the 'King' and 'Queen' building.  They are so cool.  We have grown to love that sight because we know we are close to the temple when we see them!!

This sweet little gal is Naomi Allen.  She is 7 years old.  She has had a rough few weeks.  She smashed her finger in a door and that was really bad.  We made a 'house call' to check her out.  Then last week the nail started to come off.  She was so proud when it finally came off.  I told her I was going to make a little something special just for her.  She was excited to get it and came right up to me before church started today to show me her finger and the nail that had come off.  I made her a little red heart and gave it to her.  She was excited to have it!
 We love our mission and all that we get to do and see and the places we get to visit.  And the people that we get to know and love.  This will be hard to leave and go home to.  We just try and cherish the time we have while we are here!!!  Y'all have a great week and be safe!  Watch for REINDEER!!  Love y'all!!!



2 comments:

  1. Wanting to double tap all the pictures. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete